Saturday, March 28, 2009

Marinade for Lesser Cuts of Beef

These days it seems like we are buying less expensive cuts of beef, but are finding ways to make them tasty and tender. I found this on allrecipes.com some time ago and never used it. I am marinating a London Broil for Sunday dinner and using this recipe. I think it will make the meat taste great because there are so many flavors going on. Marinating the meat for about a day and a half is going to make the meat so tender. I think I may add a 1/4 cup of dry red wine to this as well. I find that the wine really adds flavor and tenderness. On the side, I will make a nice big salad and make some sugar snap peas and roasted sweet potatoes.
Savory Garlic Marinade
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1 pinch cayenne pepper
In a medium bowl, mix the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, olive oil, ground black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, liquid smoke, and cayenne pepper. Place steaks in a shallow glass dish with the marinade, and turn to coat. For optimum flavor, rub the liquid into the meat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days. Broil it on high on about the 2nd rack from the top. It will take about 7 minutes each side and cook the meat until it has an internal temp of 135 degrees. After sitting the meat temp will be about 140.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great!! I am always looking for different london broil marinades. I will have to print this out for the upcoming BBQ season..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this looks AMAZING! I swear the beef industry has a friend in me. What a delicious marinade, I definitely need to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts! I am so glad you took time to visit me.