Sunday, March 29, 2009

Black and White Cream Pie...Lo-Fat Version

Yesterday I made a recipe I found in the September issue of Woman's World (while I was sitting in the salon). Since we always use skim milk, the 1% milk was the only ingredient I had to buy. Everything else was on hand...what luck! The bottom line is that the husband was happy, happy! He had 2 pieces for dessert! It is a nice cool dessert and so low in fat, so it doesn't make you feel like you have had something too decadant. This is a keeper recipe for us and I'll definitely make it again!
Black and White Cream Pie
1 -3/4 cups 1% low fat milk
1/3 cup lite hot fudge topping
1 pgk instant sugar free fat free chocolate pudding mix
1 pkg reduced fat grahm cracker pie crust
1 pkg instant sugar free fat free vanilla pudding mix
4- 1/2 cups (12 oz. container) thawed frozen lite whipped topping (Cool Whip)
Chocolate jimmies, optional

In bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup milk and hot fudge topping until blended; whisk in chocolate pudding mix until smooth. Spread evenly in crust. In another bowl, whisk together vanilla pudding mix and remaining 1 cups milk until smooth; let stand until slightly thickened, 5 minutes. Whisk in 1-1/2 cup Cool Whip until blended; spread over chocolate layer. Top with remaining 3 cups whipped topping. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight. If desired, sprinkle with chocolate jimmies.
Makes 12 servings.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Linda...I don't know how you always manage to find the most wonderful looking recipes! Hope you had a good weekend...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good Linda...and I like that London Broil Marinade below too! Starting to perk up some here :o)

    P.S. I really love your header photo also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice quick delicious dessert, and low fat to boot! 5 stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,
    I'm printing this out right away! It looks just awesome you did a great job and I bet your hubby loved it! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Linda! That recipe looks so good. And low fat? Perfect!

    Thanks so much! I hope things are going well for you and your family! And I hope your friends are doing better.

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pie looks great can't wait to try. I haven't bought whole milk in years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, looks so labor-intensive, but is actually fast and simple! can't wait to whip this up and deceive my family and friends! muhahah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great substitutes! You're brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This just looks like you spent hours making it. I was afraid to read the recipe, but when I did, I found that it is not difficult at all. I can't wait to try this. laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts! I am so glad you took time to visit me.