Here are a few other ideas for this dessert:
- Add toffee chips instead of walnuts
- Add some mini chocolate chips or peanut butter chips
- Add butterscotch chips and drizzle with butterscotch ice cream topping Use blonde brownies
- Adults only versions: Sprinkle brownies with Kahlua before layering.
- Sprinkle brownies with Chamborde and use raspberries for the fruit
- Sprinkle brownies with Grand Marnier and use mandarin oranges for the fruit
Prepare brownies. When cool, cut into 1-inch squares.
In a large bowl, start to layer:
Next a layer of fruit such as strawberries, bananas, or blueberries, etc
Sprinkle with chopped walnuts
Next add a layer of Cool Whip
Continue to layer with last layer as Cool Whip.
Chill until ready to serve.
Drizzle some Hershey's chocolate syrup on top of the Cool Whip and sprinkle with chopped walnuts just before serving.
You can even toss a few marachino cherries on top!
So let your imagination be your guide. This is fun and easy and oh so gooey!