Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MINI CHEESECAKES

Who can resist thick, creamy, decadent cheesecake? This is a low-fat version in the single serving size. Oh yeah...that's what I'm talking about...treating yourself without lots of guilt! And you can change this up a bit if you want. Add a teaspoon of cocoa for some chocolate cheesecakes! The recipe calls for cherry filling on top. I'm not a fan of that as for the sweetness which seems excessive to me. But put a couple of fresh blueberries or raspberries on top of each one! Or drizzle some low fat caramel sauce on top of each one and sprinkle with a few toffee chips! Whatever your pleasure these are a little bite of heaven!
Mini Cheesecakes

INGREDIENTS
12 low-fat vanilla wafers
3 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
12 oz. fat-free cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
cherry pie filling
DIRECTIONS1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
Line muffin tins with 12 foil cupcake papers.
1. Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cupcake paper.
2. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and fat-free cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla and mix well. Add eggs and beat until smooth.
3. Pour cheesecake mixture into muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes or until centers are almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
4. Decorate cheesecake tops with cherry pie filling.
Makes 12 cheesecakes/servings.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I would love these! Only, I'll would want of each kind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send a few my way. I love the mini versions of any food!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini bites from Heaven, yes indeed, these sound delightful and they look adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts! I am so glad you took time to visit me.