Tuesday, December 2, 2008

After Thanksgiving....now on to the baking!


It has been a few days since my last post, but I have been busy wrapping and planning my cookie list! I have a few new ones to try this year, but the old stand bys don't want to leave the tray! This year I am making some individual platters to give as gifts to my staff. Yesterday I bought the cutest plates! In the center I am going to put a mini red or green mini loaf pan wioth a pistachio cherry bread in it. I will surround it with wonderful homemade cookies.

My personal favorite is the almond paste cookie. This is a holiday tradition for us. It makes lots of cookies and very nice gifts!

Here is the recipe....These are absolutely mouth watering!



Almond Paste Cookies Recipe


Ingredients
2 ½ lbs. Almond Paste
8 egg whites
2 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 ½ lbs. confectioner’s sugar
10 Tbsp flour


Directions
Grate almond paste in bowl. ( I use an electric mixer to break it up.)
Add sugar, flour, and baking powder. Keep beating and add lemon juice.
Add egg whites, one at a time and mix slowly.
Form little balls and top with nuts. (This is a time consuming procedure as you have to keep your hands dusted with confectioner’s sugar to keep the dough from sticking to your hands. To save time, just drop by teaspoon or small scoop onto cookie sheet.)
Also, to make festive for the holiday, use chopped pistachios or almonds and color with food dye, or use toasted pignioli nuts (pine nuts).
Bake at 325-350 for 15 minutes. Cool and keep in air-tight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts! I am so glad you took time to visit me.