We had a lot of family for the weekend, but I must say it was so much fun. We went to a Holiday Open House at the Rome Community Arts Center in Rome, NY which was just beautiful.
Cooking yesterday was wonderful and we tried a few new recipes. One of the sides was from this month's Bon Apetit and was a big hit! Here is the recipe:
Broccolini with Pecan-brown butter
· 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 pounds broccolini (about 4 bunches)
· 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
· 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots (about 2 medium)
· 1 garlic clove, chopped
· 1/2 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
· Coarse kosher salt
· Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add broccolini; stir to separate and cook 2 minutes. Drain. Transfer broccolini to paper towels to drain. Cool. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap broccolini in several layers of clean paper towels; enclose in resealable plastic bag and chill.
· Melt butter in extra-large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, then pecans; sauté until shallots are soft, about 3 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; stir constantly until butter is browned and pecans are aromatic, about 3 minutes. Add broccolini to skillet and toss gently until heated through, about 7 minutes. Season to taste with coarse salt and pepper. Transfer to platter and serve.
Try it and hope you enjoy it as much as we did!