Wednesday, October 21, 2009

PUMPKIN DIP

It's time to make one of my two favorite Autumn goodies....Pumpkin Dip. This, my friends, is as easy as (pumpkin) pie. If you use Neufchatel cheese you cut down on the fat grams. I haven't tried it, but I am wondering about using brown sugar Splenda in this. It would change the texture a bit, but at least cut down on the sugar. I have served this with many types of dippers....cinnamon grahams, ginger snaps, graham "pretzels". But my favorite is with pie crust cut-outs...for the obvious reason....it is like a little bite of pumpkin pie!
Pumpkin Dip
1 8-oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 can (15-oz) solid pack pumpkin
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Gradually add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and ginger; beat until smooth. Served chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Makes 3 1/2 cups of dip.

I ususally serve this with pie crust cut outs. Roll Pillsbury ready pie crust just a bit thinner. Take a pumpkin cookie cutter or something fall-like and make as many as you can. I kept re-rolling the scraps as far as I could go. I sprinkled them with cinnamon and sugar and baked on parchment for just a few minutes until they started to look golden. Cool and keep them in a tight container until ready to serve. Dip is also good with gingersnaps.

9 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm so glad you found me, so I could find you!!
    And pumpkin dip? I've never heard of such a think! But I think you speak my language... the language of SUGAR!
    hehe
    :)
    -Mini Baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness....where DO you find time and energy AND AND AND...great recipes like this. I love coming here! Winners all the time and always something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, this dip looks deliciously different! Can't wait to try it; I know my daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy! I also love that you use pie crust cut-outs to dip in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this looks divine and so perfect to take to a potluck this Friday night! Thanks for the recipe and for solving my "what to bring" dilemma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really tasty. It would be a great dish to take to a pot luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great pumpkin recipe! Thanks, I am loving this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never had pumpkin dip, but it sure does sound GOOD!! Love the idea of serving it with the pie crusts. I think I would not be able to stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda I love this dip idea and your idea of dipping pie crust is fantastic! Will have to try this out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts! I am so glad you took time to visit me.