Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Finger Lickin' Good Bar-B-Que

We had our family cook-out on Sunday for the holiday. We had family and some friends and it was a fabulous food fest. Our son (super cook in his own right) was in charge of the meat and the barbecue grill. His worthy contribution was ribs and chicken. Wow...............

He rubbed the ribs with McCormick Pork Dry Rub and poured about 1/2 can of beer in each pan. He wrapped them tightly and put them into a 250 degree oven for 4 hours. They cooled for awhile and then he put them in the fridge over night. When he put them on the grill, they were smothered with Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Sauce.

For the chicken, he used half chickens. In the bottom of a broiler pan, he poured a can of beer, squeezed a lemon, cut it into wedges and tossed in the pan, sprinkled in some peppercorns and some of that dry rub. He then rubbed down the chickens and placed them on the rack. He covered the whole thing tightly and put it in a 350 degree oven for about 2 hours. This steamed the chicken and worked somewhat like the beer can idea for a whole chicken. He then tossed it on the grill with more Bar-B-Que Sauce.


All I can say was that our dinner was finger lickin' good. And to watch our 2-year old grandson eat a rib was priceless! All of the meat was tender, juicy and succulent. So what did the rest of us do? I made Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Beans. These are awesome. I am going to post the recipe tomorrow, along with a little background on Dinosaur Bar-B-Que! I also made a chick pea salad and my daughter made cauliflower salad. My mom brought strawberry rhubarb pies. It was a great way to celebrate the holiday!

5 comments:

  1. What a great way to celebrate the holiday! Some great stuff here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a feast worthy of the holiday. I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, I found you through the foodieblogroll and your barbecue sounds awesome!I love how easy this recipe is and I can't wait to try it! I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks! Alisa@Foodista

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love barbecue around here! Yours looks so good Linda! What a great way to spend the holiday!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts! I am so glad you took time to visit me.