Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo and we are celebrating the day at work with a food day. In keeping with the Mexican theme, I am bringing Chicken Fajita Dip. This is great for a crowd as it makes a big dish. I love the lime flavored nacho chips with this recipe. But the Scoops work well too. I have a cute sombrero and I line the brim with plastic wrap and pile the chips in there. I also like to boil my chicken on the bone because it is tastier and then give it a quick saute in olive oil for extra flavor, before I chop it up. In a hurry? Buy a roasted chicken from the grocer and shred it up in this. Works just as well. I also scoop the seeds out of the tomatoes so they aren't so watery. ( Hint: Use a serrated grapefruit spoon to make this task easier.) And I add all the suggested toppings. To make this a friendly dish for the "non-spicy" lovers, put the jalapenos on only half of the dish. That way, everyone gets to enjoy this. Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!
Chicken Fajita Dip Ingredients
16 oz cream cheese
3 oz taco seasoning
12 oz chicken breast
16 oz taco sauce
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 cup lettuce
1 cup tomatoDirections
1. Blend taco seasoning and cream cheese. Spread in 9 x 13 baking dish.
2. Chop chicken. Top cream cheese mixture with chicken and cover all with taco sauce.
3. Bake at 350 deg. for approx 20 minutes.
4. Top with cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato.
5. (May also add black olives, bell pepper, jalapenos, to toppings)