Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pay it Forward!

It is finally time for me to get in on this act! Several years ago when my father-in-law passed away we were fortunate to have two friends step in and help us set up a wonderful luncheon at our home for after the funeral. They not only set it up, they had candles burning, served and cleaned up. I didn't have to do a thing.

A few years later, I was able to pay it forward and do the same thing for a good friend when her MIL passed away. Another friend and I set up and cleaned up a buffet for her family after calling hours. She was amazed and told me she could never repay what I did. I told her to pay it forward someday, just as I had done.

When something like this happens your are eternally grateful.

I have always believed in the philosophy of paying it forward so now I can do it in a fun positive way. The first three comments will receive a gift from me.

Have a wonderful day and don't forget to get in on the fun!

3 comments:

  1. I'm very emotional here. Happy to be the first to comment and guilty that I didn't wait my turn. But YAY! A gift.
    I agree with paying it forward, and I can do that with cooking, making meals for friends, freezer meals they can pull out as needed.
    I also wanted to tell you that I wished I could have been part of your grandma group who oohed and awed over grandchildren. We just foundo out we wil have TWINS in June.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paying forward is a wonderful way to help spread the love isn't it. Well it looks like I'm commentor #2, I love surprises! Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tag "paying it forward!" I believe in this so much

    I moved here a year ago to help take care of my mother-in-law who had Alzheimer's - she passed away this past Oct and I really believe I was meant to meet my in laws and be a part of this last year with them. My father-in-law has so appreciated everything I do and I'm happy I can

    Just found you so on my way to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts! I am so glad you took time to visit me.