Thursday, January 22, 2009

More College Inn Recipes

What a cool surprise to find a letter in my email from an employee for College Inn Broths. I have attached her letter and a couple other recipes she included. They sound great and with the cold weather we have for the next couple of months, I will be sure to give them a try. I was interested in the new products they have and will look for them in the supermarket. I love the stocks because you can use them to make delicious gravies or Au jus for your meals. As a matter of fact, we used the Beef Sirloin stock when I was in Atlanta to flavor the Yorkshire pudding that my husband made for the Christmas dinner prime rib roast. It was healthier than using the pan drippings and quite flavorful.

So thank you to Ashley from College Inn. Have a great day everyone!
Hi Linda,
I came across your post for Tuscan Chicken from College Inn Broth. My name is Ashley and I work with College Inn and I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed the recipe! I’m not sure if you are aware but College Inn actually just launched a new line of Culinary Broths in exotic flavors like Thai Coconut Curry and White Wine and Herb and savory Bold Stocks in Rotisserie Chicken and Beef Sirloin.
These new broths and stocks are great because they allow you to add gourmet taste to your every day dishes without having to go out to dinner or slave over the stove for hours! Since you enjoyed the recipe you found on the Beef Broth can I invite you to visit http://www.collegeinn.com/everydayexcitement/to check out the interactive cookbook online! Best-
Ashley

Double Roasted Tuscan Chicken Soup
**TIP: double the recipe and freeze half for an easy go-to meal
PREP 5 minutes COOK 8 minutes
Ingredients:
2 cups diced roasted chicken (tip: grab a pre-cooked whole chicken from
the market on your way home to save time)
½ cup diced onion
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup peas & carrots
1 carton (32 oz.) College Inn Bold Stock, Rotisserie Chicken
Fresh basil (optional)
Directions:
1. Cook chicken and onion in oil in large saucepan, 3 minutes
2. Add peas & carrots and stock
3. Simmer 5 minutes
4. Garnish with chopped fresh basil and Parmesan cheese, if desired

Thai Shrimp Curry
Prep time: 6 minutes Cook time: 6 minutes Makes: 2 to 3 servings
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 lb. large shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
4 tsp. cornstarch
1-1/2 cups COLLEGE INN® Culinary Broth, Thai Coconut Curry
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
Optional garnishes: cilantro and/or fresh basil
Directions:
1. Heat oil in large skillet. Add shrimp; stir-fry 2 minutes.
2. Add vegetables; stir-fry 2 minutes.
3. Dissolve cornstarch in broth; add red pepper flakes. Add to skillet. Cook, stirring, until thickened.
4. Serve over noodles or rice and garnish with fresh basil and cilantro, if desired.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! Well....I fully expect to see you on TV doing commercials as the spokesperson for College Inn or making the rounds of the talk shows. Will you be demonstrating recipes on Oprah? lol No kidding! How cool is it that College Inn emailed you!!! Wow! Those recipes look yummy, too! I posted the award you gave me. Thanks again!!...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the Thai Shrimp Curry...I want this!!! Its nice to know they have some new flavors coming out! I will be looking forward to seeing them on the shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. My tickets came today!!! Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWEEEEE!!!! Let us know how the samples are! CHEERS! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm, it looks wonderful!I love curry!

    XOXOXOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts! I am so glad you took time to visit me.