Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Luncheon Favorites

Now that the hubbub of the holidays has died down it is time to pull out a few tried and true recipes that I can use when we have friends stop in over the weekend or maybe use for a luncheon. This is a really nice one that can be cut into any shape or size. I have used it for Super Bowl parties or as small luncheon sized sandwiches and I have cut this into small triangles for appetizers. It is truly quite versatile. The other nice thing about this is that you can add whatever you like to it or in place of other ingredients. I have added some greens...sprinkled some dried oregano and basil in there. Let your imagination run.


Over the next few days, I will be posting some recipes that you can use for a variety of occasions. I hope you enjoy them!


Have a wonderful day!



Antipasto Squares
2 Packages of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
¼ lb. Genoa Salami
¼ lb. Swiss Cheese
¼ lb. Ham
¼ lb. Provolone Cheese
¼ lb. Sandwich Pepperoni
1 Jar (12 oz.) Sweet Roasted Peppers, chopped
A few sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil and patted dry), chopped
1 Eggs, whisked
Parmesan Cheese


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray. Spread out one package of crescent rolls and stretch to fit pan. Layer salami, swiss cheese, ham, provolone and pepperoni. Top with drained and chopped roasted peppers and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Whisk 1 egg and brush lightly onto peppers and tomatoes. Top with second package of rolls. Paint remaining eggs over dough. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake @ 350 for 25 -30 min. or until golden brown.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my place earlier!! Those appetizers look yummy!! I posted my OREO truffle recipe for you, come bakc to take a look!!
    http://jasonjennifer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks good! Definetly a Super Bowl goodie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is literally watering. I love simple, good food like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those squares look amazing. I will have to try them out. Thanks for the recipe!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts! I am so glad you took time to visit me.