If you like Alfredo sauce but not all the calories that come with it, try this low-fat version. It is very tasty and makes for a quick weeknight meal. This recipe serves 2, but is easily doubled or tripled for a family meal. Pair it with a nice tossed salad and you have a healthy meal that took very little time to prepare.
Low Fat Alfredo Sauce
1 ½ ounce Butter Buds or Molly McButter
½ cup evaporated skim milk
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp. White pepper
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Mix ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat through, stirring constantly.
Add cooked pasta to pan and toss to coat.
Now that we have food out of the way, I want to thank Jen from Tatertots and Jello for giving me a triple award ! I have enjoyed reading her journal entries and she is so upbeat with her entries. She enjoys the beauty around her and her amazing family.
Thanks for sharing with us, Jen, and I am glad to have you as an on-line friend. Now you can pass this on to some of your favorites.
Here are the rules for the recipients:1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.
Here are some of my favoites:
1. The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch , Shelby
2. Sunday Baker , Tanya
3. Christmas Corgi, Cathy
4. ::Measuring my life in l-o-v-e:: , Kathleen
5. A Soft Place to Land , Kimba
6. Big Red Kitchen, Robin Sue
7. Sweetie's World , Sweetie
8. Lynne's Gifts from the Heart , Lynne
9. Bunny's Warm Oven, Bunny
10. Confessions of a Plate Addict , Debbie
So have fun with this and have a happy Monday. Many are off in honor of Martin Luther King. How poignant that the inauguration is 3 days away and we honor MLK today. God bless our country and our new President.