Monday, December 8, 2008

It's Soup Weather!


Oh my gosh...yesterday was a blustery day. Fortunately, we had no place to go. Hubby watched football and I happily finished all the wrapping. Tonight I start the baking process. All of my ingredients are standing at attention on the island, waiting for their turns to march into a batter of luscious mixtures....almonds, pistachios, warm vanilla, cinnamon....mmmm...the house will smell so good!

In the interest of time, I whipped up a batch of soup to make dinner time easy tonight. This is a great dish for those on the go. It's hardy and fulfilling and healthy! Put a pot of this in the fridge for those frantic days.

Beef Minestrone Soup

1/2 lb. ground beef
-Season with salt & pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 onion, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
4 cups beef broth
2 cans cannelini beans, drained and rinsed

Brown beef in soup pot with seasonings. Add onion, zucchini and carrots. Saute for 4 minutes or a little longer if necessary. Add tomatoes, broth and beans. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Sprinkle romano cheese on individual servings.




4 comments:

  1. Linda, this looks delicious and I will certainly try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finished all the wrapping?? I'm so totally jealous!! The soup looks yummy and perfect for the cold weather. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comments. I'm off to read yours a bit more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was aweful here too, the wind was blowing like crazy! It would have been nice to have a bowl of this yesterday! It looks so good, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda I love Minestrone soup and so hard to find a good recipe for one..this one I will try sounds yummy!! thans so much for coming by and seeing me..I am also new to blogging so we have that in common right off..thanks again and have a great day friend...hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts! I am so glad you took time to visit me.