Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Baking Time

I have been getting my recipes together for my Christmas marathon of baking! I just found Tanya's (Sunday Baker) pistachio bread recipe that is going to be a great addition next to my Spumoni biscotti recipe. They both use pistachios and cherries and will be so festive.
Here is the recipe:

Spumoni Biscotti

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsps baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
1 cup well-drained maraschino cherries, patted dry and coursely chopped
small bag of semi-sweet chocolate chipsDirections
Combine flour, baking powder and salt;
Beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in eggs, one at a time and add extracts;
Add in flour mixture and beat well;
Stir in cherries and nuts;
Shape dough into 2 logs and place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper;
Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes or until edges start to brown;
Remove from oven and reduce heat to 250 degrees;
Allow logs to cool slightly;
Using a serrated or bread knife, cut logs into 1/2 inch thick, diagonal slices;
Transfer slices to baking sheets;
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden and cookies are almost completely dry;
Cool on rack.
While cooling, melt chocolate in microwave;
Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate; set on wax paper to dry;
Store in an airtight container.

These are just go good with tea or coffee. Speaking of which, I would love to be curled up on the couch with my kitty, with a hot cup of tea and watch the snow that is falling right now. It looks like we may have a white Thanksgiving. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Your biscotti sounds wonderful! I made biscotti for the first time last year at Christmas time and really enjoyed it. I'm gonna bookmark this one, Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts! I am so glad you took time to visit me.